The first annual awards for bull at it's finest.
by Richard 'Mr. Moo' Moore
December 26, 2004
I can’t be bothered with stupid little catchy titles for real bull so I’m just going to allow you to be creative as I remind you of some of the finest bull (is that an oxymoron?) of the year 2004. In no particular order:
- USA Network for airing the special show “The Perfect Husband” about Scott Peterson. (wasn’t the trial and all of its’ coverage enough?)
- Trail coverage of the Peterson case. (Connor and Laci, peace to your memory)
- Network overplaying of the Howard Dean scream on caucus night.
- The Simple Life 2 (didn’t we have enough of this rich trash last season?)
- “Because I could” admission by President Clinton regarding Monica
- “Desperate Housewives” TV show (looks and sounds like spam from my email box)
- Anna Nicole Smith (she is a bigger boob than the ones she purchased)
- Speaking of boobs, Janet and Justin (who DID win the 2004 super bowl?)
- US Men’s Olympic Basketball team (these guys are pros?)
- Red and Blue states (actually it seems more like a purple country)
- Reality shows on TV (not much real about this stuff)
- 527 really means the bull throwing arm of authorized political campaigns
- I’m GWB and I approved this ad (or should he have said slander)
- Martha in jail (the “living” will never be the same)
- Kerry ending the campaign with money in the bank
- Televising “Saving Private Ryan” without some effort to tone down the language (war is hell but must it be so real for the children?) (come to think of it, if it is so real for the kids maybe we will try harder to stay out of war?)
- Kerry: “I really voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it.”
- Steroids in sports (is this really a surprise to anyone?)
- Michael Jackson’s kids (next thing you’ll see is a daycare with his name on it)
- Athletes vs. fans (don’t cry over spilled beer)
- The values vote goes to Bush (thanks to half truths in the ads)
- Cubs miss the World series again (but the Sox won!)
- Cheney speaking French to a US Senator
- Pat Robertson: “The Lord has blessed him (GWB), it doesn’t make any difference what he does, good or bad …”
- Banning Silly String in Los Angeles
- Church of the status quo criticizing 2 Youth pastors for teaming up with Porn Directors to do an anti-porn campaign (good job Pastors Craig and Mike)
- Swagert admitting to 1st degree threat of murder against any gay guy who looks his way
There are millions of examples, these are just a few of my favorites. Here’s to a 2005 with less bull.
About the Author:
With less bull, Mr. Moo would be out of a reason to write the column. But Mr. Moo is safe as long as humans are alive.
This article was printed from www.partialobserver.com.
Copyright © 2017 partialobserver.com. All rights reserved.