A first look at one liners from bumper stickers.
by Richard 'Mr. Moo' Moore
June 5, 2005
There are times when I wonder in life where civil discourse has gone. It seems as though folks are constantly name calling and misrepresenting the positions of the other side. And if our conversations were not civil you can bet our one liners are even more pointed. So I thought I would begin to look at some of the best (and worst) of these jabs. As seen on bumper stickers around the country:
- Fundamentalists are more mental than fun
- Well behaved women rarely make history.
- What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
- Sith Happens
- Never believe anything until it has been officially denied
- WWJB? Who would Jesus bomb?
- Why care about the poor when you can be a single issue voter?
- Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote – Benjamin Franklin
- I'm uninformed and I vote
- Does it count as an abortion if a Republican drops a bomb on a pregnant woman?
- If you think the system is working, ask someone who isn't.
- I support the separation of church and hate
- Pro-life does not end at birth.
- If you want power, VOTE!
- We have guided missiles and misguided men. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 4 out of 5 Divorced Baptists Condemn Gays for Undermining the Sanctity of Marriage
- Republicans for the Rapture
- Every mother is a working mother.
- The truly educated never graduate
- Vote Democratic – the ass you save may be your own
- Better dead than a red voter.
- Everyone is entitled to my opinion
- I asked God. She's pro-choice
- You trust the government?
- Give war a chance
Well, you get the picture of what's on bumpers around the country. Keep your eyes open for some of your favorites. At least, it'll get your mind off of gas prices for the summer.
About the Author:
Mr. Moo’s bumpers are clear. So is his conscious.
This article was printed from www.partialobserver.com.
Copyright © 2018 partialobserver.com. All rights reserved.