About Our New Site Design..._Mark D. Johnson-
The Partial Observer is pleased to introduce our new site design, which went live the evening of January 14, 2002. Our first design served us well for a little over two years, and because it was so well received, the new design is not radically different. Most of the familiar elements are in roughly the same place, and the original yellow and orange color scheme is still around, though to a lesser degree. The decision to make a change, however, did give us an opportunity to improve several features in addition to the aesthetic update.
Among the changes:
- The new horizontal navigation provides an easier way to get around frees up space for the display of article text. The previous vertical navigation required a thin left column on every page of the site and was more cumbersome to use.
- The “E-mail Article” feature has been improved.
- The forums now have a “Preview Message” option for those that like to review what they have written before posting.
- The news wires in the left column are more customized to the various departments (e.g., Religion page now has religion news headlines).
- Easily see what other articles an author has written in the right column of article pages.
Your feedback is important to us! Let us know
how you like the new site and if there are any other changes you would like to see.
Thanks for stopping by!
Mark D. Johnson,